Black Swan Arts Young Open 2018 - Terms & Conditions of Entry
- All entrants must be between 8 and 19 years old on Friday 16 February 2018.
- All entries must be the young person’s own work.
- Entry age categories
- 8 years – 11 years
- 12 years – 15 years
- 16 years – 19 years
- Fees are
- £5 for one artwork
- £8 for two artworks
- £10 for three artworks
- £12 for four artworks
Maximumnumber of entries – FOUR.
We welcome group entries from schools and clubs.
- The cost of entry for schools/clubs is:
10 artworks and under £40 11-20 artworks £75 21-30 artworks £105 31-40 artworks £130 41+ artworks £150
- Sizes of work
- two-dimensional pictures must not be bigger than A2 (594 x 420 mm/23.4in x 16.5in) including any borders.
- three-dimensional pieces must fit on a base no bigger than 500 x 500 mm (19.75in x 19.75in).
- The judges will make the final decision about which artworks will be displayed in the exhibition.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- If your artwork is not displayed in the exhibition, the entry fee WILL NOT be refunded.
- The exhibition final entry date has now been extended to Friday 23 February
- Artists with work selected for the exhibition will be told by phone or e-mail by Friday 2 March.
- Overall prize winners will be informed by midday on Friday 16 March.
- Prizes will be one-to-one workshops.
- Artwork must be delivered
to,and collected from, the gallery on the dates listed below. Artworks will NOT be accepted after Sunday 11th March at 1pm. Black Swan Arts will dispose of any artwork not collected by Thursday 12 April. Black Swan Arts will not pay any return postage costs.
- Although every care will be taken, Black Swan Arts cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, any
art work. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.
- If you are happy
foryour artwork to be sold, please tell us the selling price. Black Swan Arts will take 20% in commission.
- Black Swan Arts will be entitled to publish an image of or make use of any piece of work entered into the competition free of charge.
- Visitors to the exhibition will be able to vote for the People’s Choice Award and will be entered into the Prize Draw.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Online entry open:
Individual- Friday 8 December - Friday 23 February
|Notification of successful entry:||Friday 2 March|
|Delivery of artwork to Main Gallery:
1-5pm on 7, 8 and 9 March
|Judging of artwork:||Thursday 15 March|
|Exhibition Opening:||Midday, Saturday 17 March|
|People’s Choice Award announced:||Friday 6 April|
|Exhibition closes:||3.00pm Saturday 7 April|
Collection of artwork:
10-4, Sunday 8 April, 3.30-5pm, Monday 9,
COLLECTION ON THESE DATES ONLY
The Young Open Competition demonstrates the on-going and major commitment of Black Swan Arts to education, the development of talent and to the building of strong links with the community, locally, regionally and nationally
Download as PDF